STEMS Pain Medicine, specializing in Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention & cartilage regeneration by utilizing autologous Adipose SVF Stem cell Joint Injections
We are a pain management medical clinic specializing in PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) & autologous Adipose SVF stem cell joint injections for cartilage regeneration in patients with chondromalacia patellae, meniscus cartilage tear, knee osteoarthritis (OA), hip OA, ankle OA, shoulder OA, or other degenerative joint disease and/or lumbar disc disorders. In addition, we also offer Krstexxa for gouts, Aduhelm for Alzheimer’s Dementia.
Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF) is the stem cell-containing portion of the lipoaspirate obtained in the clinic on the day of liposuction; and it is considered to be a physician’s procedure.
Dr. Jaewoo Pak has pioneered the cartilage regeneration treatment for osteoarthritis of various joints with autologous adipose SVF stem cells and PRP, beginning in 2009. He has showed for the first time in the world the possibility of using autolgous adipose tissue to regenerate cartilage in human patients. His work was published in 2011. Since then, he has further published numerous medical journals with regards to the results of his treatments.
Jaewoo Pak, MD, Geriatric Medicine, Regenerative Medicine
Dr. Jaewoo Pak is a pioneer in regenerative medicine. He received his BA degree from UC Berkeley and MD degree from USC School of Medicine. After training at a UCLA affiliated hospital, he practiced clinical medicine for a few years in California. Realizing limited medical options available to treat osteoarthritis, he started clinical research on cartilage regeneration using adipose tissue-derived stem cells in the form of stromal vascular fraction, SVF.
In 2009 Dr Jaewoo Pak relocated to Seoul, Korea and started practicing regenerative medicine using autologous (one’s own) adipose tissue-derived SVF stem cells for orthopedic applications, mainly regenerating cartilage for osteoarthritis of knees, hips, chondromalacia patellae and meniscus tear. In 2011 Dr Jaewoo Pak showed, for the first time in the world, the possibility of regenerating cartilage in human patients, using autologous adipose tissue-derived stem cells. This work was published in the Journal of Medical Case Report; and consequently, he won the Medical Case Report of the Year award. Afterwards, he further published numerous other journal articles involving various effects of SVF adipose stem cells in human patients.
1. Regeneration of cartilage in osteoarthritis of knee patients: Regeneration of Bones in Hip Osteonecrosis and Cartilage in Knee Osteoarthritis with adipose tissue-derived stems cells in human. Journal of Medical Case Reports July 2011 http://www.jmedicalcasereports.com/content/5/1/296
2. Regeneration of cartilage in chondromalacia patellae patients. A novel biological approach to treat chondromalacia patellae. PLoS ONE 8(5): e64569. http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0064569
3. Review Article ”Regenerative Repair of Damaged Meniscus with Autologous Adipose-Tissue-Derived Stem Cells,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 436029, 10 pages. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2014/436029/
4. Efficacy of autologous adipose tissue-derived stem cells with extracellular matrix and hyaluronic acid on human hip osteoarthritis. Biomedical Research 2017; 28 (4): 1654-1658http://alliedacademies.org/abstract/efficacy-of-autologous-adipose-tissuederived-stem-cells-with-extracellular-matrix-and-hyaluronic-acid-on-human-hip-osteoarthritis-6588.html
5. Safety reporting on implantation of autologous adipose tissue-derived stem cells with platelet-rich plasma into human articular joints. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2013, 14:337http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/14/337
HA + PRP Joint injections
autologous Adipose SVF Stem Cell Injections
Indications: Chondromalacia Patellae, Meniscus cartilage tear, Knee osteoarthritis (OA), Hip OA, Ankle OA, Shoulder Pain, Tennis Elbow, and others
New Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention / Treatment:
PET Scan -> detect Beta-Amyloid -> Aduhelm for elimination of Beta-Amyloid
PET Scan -> No Beta-amyloid detected -> repeat PET Scan in 2 years
Krystexxa for Chronic Gout
Before-and-After MRIs of patients treated with autolgous Adipose SVF stem cells + PRP-published in 2011
Before-and-After MRIs of Hip osteoarthritis & osteonecrosis treated with Adipose SVF stem cells + PRP-published in 2017 & 2013, respectively
U.S. Patents by Jaewoo Pak, MD
Stems Pain Medicine
PRP & Adipose SVF Stem Cell Center
4840 Irvine Blvd. Ste #203 (elevator),
Irvine, CA 92620